CORRUPTION AT THE GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE (GAO)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

GAO Ignores Their Own Solicited Emails From Soldiers

BACKGROUND:  GAO admits that Militec, Inc. has received tens of thousands of troop emails. Rep Hoyer's letter to GAO was written because of warfighters emails asking for Militec's help so their weapons do not jam.
 
GAO could find no evidence of jammed weapons, despite thousands of credible emails from front line troops. Further, the army's policy is to keep weapons clean, or they will jam. GAO was silent on this gun jamming  issue as well, which is unbelievable since working weapons is vital to our  National Security and was the very basis of Rep Hoyer's letter to GAO in the first place.
 
Why would GAO omit positive responses (to MILITEC-1) it received from warfighters? If warfighters emails were not relevent to the investigation, why did GAO ask permission from Militec Inc to follow up on warfighters emails?
 
 
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: "Oscar W Mardis" <MardisO@gao.gov>
To: "David XX USA FORSCOM XXXXXX
Sent: Thursday, March 12, 2009 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: Free Weapons Lubricant for deployed military

> Thank you SGT Santos for your responses!
>
> V/r,
>
> Oscar W. Mardis
>
>>>> "XXXXX MIL USA FORSCOM"
> 3/12/2009 9:39 AM >>>
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Oscar W Mardis <MardisO@gao.gov>
> Date: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 13:11
> Subject: Free Weapons Lubricant for deployed military
> To: XXXX
>
>
>> Good afternoon SGT XXXX,
>>
>> Per our telephone conversation I am providing you the following
>> questions. Please send back your responses as soon as you can.
>>
>> Background: I work in the Defense Capabilities & Management team
>> at the
>> U.S. Government Accountability Office in Washington, D.C. and have
>> received an email from Militec, Inc. that stated that you have
>> asked for
>> "Free Weapons Lubricant for deployed military." I have a few
> questions
>> listed below that I would like you to answer concerning the
>> product that
>> you have requested.
>>
>> 1. How did you find out about Militec, Inc.’s product?  deployed in
> 2003 with 3ID, I was in a spearheading unit into Iraq. I read about
> Militec in one of the papers (US) while I was in Iraq.
>>
>> 2. What specifically do you like about it and why you think it’s
>> better than CLP? It works great in Desert terrain. unlike CLP I have
> not experienced a jam on my weapon (s). M4, 240B or .50 cal
>>
>> 3. Do you know that the Army has an authorized vendor that
>> manufacturesa CLP for them? No I don't know
>>
>> 4. Under what conditions do you use Militec? Any. I took some home
> (to the US) with me, I've used Militec in Swamp terrain. I've used it in
> several different environments, From Korea to Guam, Hawaii, Kuwait, Iraq
> and Georgia, then I ran out.
>>
>> 5. What guidance do you have or follow concerning the product you
> can
>> or cannot use on your weapons? most generic brands don't work well,
> CLP is also great but Militec, in desert terrain, sandy areas in good
> for its dry like lube
>>
>> 6. Do you have guidance on what product you can or cannot buy? No
>>
>> 7. Are you aware that Militec, Inc.’s products are not approved
> for
>> use on Army weapons? No I wasn't aware they were not approved, I
> would highly recommend it though.
>>
>> Please provide me your responses no later than Friday, 12 p.m.
>> (E.S.T.).  My contact info is below.
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your cooperation in answering these questions.
>>
>> V/r,
>>
>> Oscar W. Mardis, Senior Analyst
>> Defense Capabilities & Management
>> U.S. Government Accountability Office
>> 441 G Street, NW
>> Washington, DC 20548
>> Phone: (202) 512-8422
>> Fax: (202) 512-2501
>> E-mail: MardisO@gao.gov
>> SIPRNET: MardisO@gao.sgov.gov
>>
>>
>>
>